Bar Grating Stair Tread Styles
- Welded Steel Stair Treads are the most widely used for their strength and ease of installation and are universally used in most industrial and commercial applications.
- Riveted Steel Stair Treads have a greater load-carrying capacity for the same span and depth of bearing bar and greater walking comfort. Both can be ordered with a serrated surface for additional safety.
- Aluminum Stair Treads, due to their lightweight, high strength, corrosion resistance, rustproof and non-sparking properties, are ideally suited for corrosive environments, food preparation, storage areas, and volatile areas.
- Swage-Locked I-Bar Stair Treads offer you high strength at less weight and lower cost.
- Rectangular Bar, press-locked or swage-locked, stair treads provide a higher strength and stiffness-to-weight ratio and are available with a serrated surface when additional safety is required.
- If you don’t see the tread you need, we have many stair tread options, see a full list here.
All stair treads can be custom fabricated to meet the size, width, and length specifications of a particular job. In addition, standard end plates can be custom fabricated to meet special bolt hole size or location requirements. Stair treads come in 2 types, smooth and serrated.
- High strength, high bearing capacity
- Non-slip, anti-corrosion, wear resistance
- Resistance to extreme temperatures, wind, and rain
- Easy to keep clean, they don’t accumulate dust and rain
- Nice, clean, and modern appearance
- Easy to ship and install
Marco Will Provide the Right Bar Grating Stair Treads for Your Application
You can always count on Marco Specialty Steel to provide the best stair treads from metal grating products. We feature carbon and stainless steel stair treads that are designed and constructed to provide maximum durability, quality, and safety in even the most challenging work environments. Choose from plain or galvanized steel stair treads in a wide variety of bar heights, widths, and lengths. You can also select from smooth or slip-resistant serrated bearing bar surfaces. Additionally, we offer checkered plate and cast aluminum abrasive nosings to ensure the maximum safety of your bar grating stair treads.
Applications for Almost Every Type of Business
Industrial Bar Grating Stair Treads: When you need safe stairs inside your facility, or outdoors, these treads won’t let you down. They provide the non-slip grip your employees and visitors need to keep production going. Below are a few businesses that use industrial bar grating stair treads:
- Oil and gas rig
- Mining and minerals
- Power and energy sector
- Wastewater treatment facilities
Architectural Bar Grating Stair Treads: When designing a building or stadium, or even a high-rise condo, bar grating treads will add a contemporary touch while proving the safety you need. Below are a few places you will see them:
- Parks and zoos
- Commercial buildings
- Residential apartments and condos
Your Best Source for Custom Bar Grating Stair Treads
If our stock stair treads don’t quite meet your requirements, it’s not a problem! Our modern 35,000-square-foot Houston, TX facility includes an in-house fabrication shop where we can customize any of our stock products.
We have the ability to fabricate both T-bar and I-bar-shaped treads from swage-locked or press-locked grating panels, as well as other custom shapes and sizes. Many of our customers submit their own drawings and blueprints, entrusting us to bring their design concepts to life.
Ways we fabricate steel stair treads for our clients:
Bar Grating Products We Stock
Welded metal bar grating has long been one of the most popular grating types due to its remarkable combination of superior strength, cost efficiency and ease of installation. It can be found throughout all types of commercial and industrial facilities in the form of walkways, ventilation grates, platforms, safety barriers and more. Stair treads made from bar grating products are another useful application in an industrial setting.
Fast Turnaround Times and Unbeatable Customer Service
Our many loyal customers keep coming back to us because of our ability to complete bar grating projects in a timely manner. We also provide the attentive, detail-oriented customer service that ensures a successful project outcome. Our assortment of efficient, reliable turnkey services includes engineering, design, shipping, fabrication, project management — whatever it takes to help you meet your business objectives.