Decorative Perforated Metal Offers the Ideal Combination of Form and Function
While perforated metal can serve a huge variety of valuable functions, it can also be used for decorative purposes. Simply by altering the shape of the die used to punch the holes in the metal, it is relatively easy to create a hole shape in a wide range of decorative patterns. This enables you to enhance the appearance of the finished product and make it more attractive to your customers.
Marco Specialty Steel provides useful downloadable information about decorative perforated sheet metal in our handy resource section.
Custom Decorative Perforated Metal Solutions Are Also Available
If we don’t have a decorative pattern that fits your vision we can custom punch any pattern. Our customization capabilities include providing a hole size for your decorative perforated metal screens or panels other than our stock round, square or slotted offerings. If you’re not happy with a standard straight-line or staggered hole pattern, we can create just about any hole configuration you desire. We can adjust the open area percentage of the sheet to accommodate numerous material types.
We’ll work closely with you to develop a custom solution that meets your unique manufacturing requirements.
What Are the Benefits of Using Decorative Perforated Metal?
In addition to its decorative value, ornamental perforated metal is extremely lightweight and durable. It’s highly versatile, allowing you to use it for multiple applications. You can choose from numerous corrosion-resistant materials such as stainless steel, carbon steel and aluminum, ensuring the maximum longevity of the product.
What’s more, you can choose a style that provides the amount of open area that meets your requirements. For instance, you can select ornamental perforated metal panels in a Standard Octagon style with an open area of 35 percent or a Hexagon style with a much larger open area of 79 percent.
Decorative perforated metal can also give your business a competitive edge. By being able to tailor the designs and improve the appearance and functionality of your products, you’ll gain an advantage over other companies in your market. The energy-efficient properties of decorative perforated metal panels and screens make the architects’ jobs easier by allowing them to incorporate energy-saving features into their building designs. And all forms of perforated metal provide an environmentally-friendly solution that minimizes resource depletion and promotes sustainability.
We offer an assortment of decorative perforated sheet metal for applications ranging from walls and partitions to baskets.
Ornamental / Decorative Hole Pattern Samples
Ornamental Perforated Metal Applications
The versatility, strength and aesthetic appeal of ornamental/decorative perforated metal make it an excellent choice for various industrial, commercial and household products. Typical applications of decorative perforated sheet metal include:
- Walls and partitions: You’ll be able to transform drab, ordinary interior walls and partitions into attractive works of art that will enhance the appearance of the entire building.
- Furniture: Decorative perforated metal is a popular choice for designers, manufacturers and end-users of patio furniture due to its endless design possibilities that nicely complement outdoor décor.
- Decorative baskets: Create attractive ornamental baskets with decorative perforated metal materials that will be a big hit with everyone.
- Grilles: Use decorative perforated metal to improve the appearance of speaker grilles without detracting from sound quality and performance.
- Screens and vents: Ornamental metal will convert screens and vents from architectural design liabilities to features that add aesthetic appeal to the project.
- Diffusers: You’ll be amazed at the way decorative perforated metal will change the appearance of the light diffusers in your facility.
- Guards: Make ordinary machine guards into ornamental features that add an element of style.
- Lattices: Lattices constructed from decorative perforated metal provide greater strength and durability than wood lattices — and noticeable visual benefits.
- Stairways: Perforated metal stairways provide enhanced visual appeal along with essential safety advantages.
Ornamental perforated metal panels can also be used for customized applications that are limited only by the imagination, which is why architects favor them in the design of buildings and other structures.
Marco Can Provide the Right Ornamental Perforated Metal Solution
Marco Specialty Steel offers decorative perforated sheet metal ranging from 16 to 24 gauge. We maintain an extensive stock inventory of ornamental perforated metal. We have numerous lightweight, durable materials such as stainless steel 304, aluminum and carbon steel, as well as popular, attractive styles including Grecian, Marietta, standard octagon, hexagon, max flow, moire and full cloverleaf. Our highly trained fabrication experts can develop a specialized product for your unique application. Our 35,000-square-foot Houston, TX facility contains an in-house fabrication department with the latest hole punching machinery and other state-of-the-art equipment.
Fast Turnaround Times and Unbeatable Customer Service
At Marco Specialty Steel, we make a point of completing stock and custom ornamental perforated metal projects as quickly as possible. Our turnaround times are among the fastest in our industry. As an experienced service steel center that has been in business since 1992, you can also count on us for reliable, responsive customer support.
Our architects, engineers, designers and sales personnel work as a team to meet the exact requirements of every customer, no matter the size or scope of the project. We’re always ready and willing to help!