Hex Grid and Flex Metal Refractory Lining Applications
- As refractories, hex steel mesh’s characteristics are flexibility, high strength, and erosion resistance. Hex mesh is excellent for refractory linings in furnaces, reactors, cyclones, ducts, and flues. Hex steel is put to use in many industries including power plants, chemical industry, cement plants, steel, petroleum, power generation and other large devices. Hex material can largely improve the heat erosion and abrasion resistance.
- Hex mesh for flooring offers long-term protection for armor applications in industrial floors. Hex is perfect for loading docks, ramps, high traffic aisles for forklifts and trucks, hot floors for foundry, forge and steel mills, refuse disposal plant floors and nearly anywhere floors are subject to severe impact and rolling loads will improve with Hex mesh.
- Hex metal is flexible and easily conforms to circular shapes, which allows it to be rolled. It is ideal for lining ducts, furnaces, reactor vessels, cyclones, flue gas lines and other high temperature equipment of virtually any shape or configuration. Hex metal and flex metal refractory linings are both flexible mesh grating used in reinforcing linings, floors and any cement structures needing added support.
Hex Metal Refractory Lining & Flex Metal
Hex metal refractory lining, or refractory furnace lining, is a hexagonal cellular mesh grating specifically designed for reinforcing both linings and flooring. It acts as a surface framework to hold cement or refractory in position and relieves stress in the lining’s upper crust, which prevents spalling and cracking. As a result of hex metal’s strength and unique design, abrasion and corrosion are retarded and refractory life is significantly extended. Even hot gaseous substances cannot erode the refractory because they are reflected away from the surface by the metal cellular grid.
Since hex metal’s flexibility allows it to be rolled, it easily conforms to circular shapes. It is ideal for lining ducts, furnaces, reactor vessels, cyclones, flue gas lines and other high temperature equipment of virtually any shape.
Flex Metal Refractory Lining
Flex metal refractory lining is the direct counterpart of hex metal, it performs all the same functions of reinforcement of thin wall refractory linings, while its design allows free form rolling to very small diameters. Hex metal becomes impractical to use when the section of plant being protected is of small diameter, the free rolling capabilities of flex metal allows plant as small as 150mm to lined. Typical applications include air distributors, cyclone diplegs, fan cases and all plants where the practicality of free rolling material is beneficial to maintenance activities.
Below are a few samples of our hex inventory. Click here to view a full list of hexmetal and flexmetal spec sheets.
Hex Grid and Flex Metal Refractory Lining Features
- Substantial insulation performances, lining tight uniform density, small energy consumption
- High-intensity, low high-temperature liquid metal slag and anti-erosion ability, alloying elements on the high yield
- High sintering speed and good corrosion resistance, spalling resistance, when the shutdown of smaller crack, high crack healing ability
- Construction of simple and labor intensity of small, efficient operating environment
Marco is your go-to for fabrication. Our full-service steel fabrication department is available to customize hex metal to your specifications.