Marco Specialty Steel is a trusted supplier of various Tread Grip accessories. Browse our products below and contact us for a quote.
Carriage Bolt, Flat Washer, & Hex Nut
- Order Separately:
(1) 3/8”-16 Carriage Bolt *
(1) 3/8” Flat Washer
(1) 3/8”-16 Hex Nut
- Field drilling is required
* Plank carriage bolt lengths = Side Channel Height + 1”
- Align planks on I-Beam or other anchoring cross-member.
- Mark the I-Beam for drilling purposes under the third or fourth hole from the end of the plank. Drill a pilot hole.
- Remove plank and drill a finish hole.
- Drill out the hole in the plank.
- Replace the plank to its original position. Run bolt through plank and I-Beam. Tighten with washer and nut until secure.
- Test for movement or slippage. If planks are not secure, check the fastening system for loose or missing parts. Repeat steps 1 thru 5.
Note: Do not walk on planks if they are not secure. Serious injury could result.
A common method of fastening safety grating is welding. It is recommended that all grating products be fillet welded. For more information, consult our technical services.
Marco, The Grating Specialists
Marco Specialty Steel is proud to be a Tread Grip safety grating supplier and fabricator of the most comprehensive line of safety grating products including Diamond Safety Grating, Perf Safety Grating, and Tread Grip with slip-resistant surfaces.
Learn More About Tread Grip Products
Marco Specialty Steel is an industry-leading Tread Grip safety grating supplier. Discover the difference Tread Grip safety grating products can make at your worksite. Contact us for additional information and a no-obligation quote today.