Marco Specialty Steel is the go-to for all FRP products including molded, pultruded, and phenolic. We will also offer in-house FRP fabrication services including catwalk grating and crossover platforms.
Marco Specialty Steel’s Advantage
- Quality: We have tight control over the quality of our incoming materials and our resins. The result is a durable and consistent final product that meets all specifications and will give you years of reliable use.
- Choice: We offer a wide range of products based on our standard fiberglass systems. Our reinforced handrail components exist in many different versions to cover more of your industrial applications.
- Customization: We can also offer custom-adapted solutions if we don’t have exactly what you’re looking for. Our team can take your blueprints and designs and create custom FRP handrail components for you.
It doesn’t matter if you’re replacing existing handrails and platforms in your facility that need upgrading or if you’re creating an entirely new system from scratch. We have the high-quality FRP handrail and platform products you need for a strong, safe, and practical installation.
Benefits of Fiberglass Reinforced Handrails
FRP handrail systems provide five key benefits in both standard and custom deployments. Your operations will run more smoothly and you’ll likely save money over time thanks to these characteristics.
- Multiple Resistances: Almost every major industrial hazard can be addressed with the right combination of coatings and composition.
- high strength-to-weight ratio
- corrosion resistant
- fire retardant
- Significant Safety: Marco Fiberglass’ handrails reinforced with fiberglass are designed to provide your workers with a safe environment. They offer significant strength, low electrical conductivity and are within all OSHA standards. Everything comes in OSHA yellow and has the right post spacing, cages and more.
- Low Maintenance: FRP handrails don’t require consistent cleaning, sandblasting, painting or scraping to maintain their protections. You’ll all watch them consistently outlast any metal handrails on your site.
- Streamlined and Flush Design: No more snags or caught gloves. Every handrail element is designed to link up flush with other elements, such as ladders and ramps.
- Easy to Assemble: Fiberglass handrail systems are lightweight and created to meet standard sizes for posts and railings. We’ll build out custom units or large sections and you can quickly install each without the need for heavy lifting equipment.
FRP Handrail Styles
Marco’s OSHA compliant handrails are offered in four versions: light duty, standard, heavy duty, and an ergonomic oval system. Custom handrail systems for other applications including landscaping, architectural and ADA compliance are also available upon special order request.
|Light Duty||Standard||Heavy Duty Handrail||Ergonomic Oval|
|Top Rail||1 5/8” x 3/16”|
|2” x 1/4”|
|2” x 1/4”|
|2 1/8” x 1 1/2” x 1/4”
|Post||2” x 3/16”|
|2” x 1/4”|
|2” x 1/4”|
|2” x 1/4”
|Mid Rail||1 1/2” Ø x 1/8”|
|1 1/2” Ø x 1/8”|
|2” x 1/4”|
|1 1/2” Ø x 1/8”
|Kickplate||4” x 1/2” x 1/8” Ribbed|
|Pedestal||FRP Molded Part / SS316 / Other designs also available|
FRP Handrail Parts
Typical Handrail System
Handrail Post Installation Guide
Select the Version That Suits Your Specifications
In industrial applications, you need to be concerned with providing safety and protection for your workers. Including strong and resistant handrails along your stairs, work platforms and walkways adds to the safety of your facility and helps you meet legal requirements. Opt for our FRP handrail and guardrail systems that combine durability, flexibility and practical design. We have four different versions available:
- Light-Duty: Our light-duty railing is an affordable choice where a simple handrail will suit. We use a mix of square and round tubes for our light-duty handrail systems for the best value and ease of installation. The top rail design includes a 1 5/8” x 3/16” square tube with square posts and round mid rail tubes.
- Standard-Duty: Our most common railing covers the bulk of needs for industrial settings. You get strong, sturdy 2” x 1/4” posts that resist bending, topped with the same size top rail for a comfortable grip. Our flexible standard-duty FRP components are resistant to wear, temperature extremes and chemicals.
- Heavy-Duty: For more extreme applications, choose our heavy-duty FRP handrail systems. The posts, top rail and mid rail are all made from the same strong 2” x ¼” fiberglass material for increased resistance to flexing and bending. Our heavy duty FRP handrail components also allow for fast and easy installation.
- Ergonomic Oval: Our ergonomic series of fiberglass reinforced plastic handrails are best suited to those locations where there’s a lot of pedestrian passage. The comfortable and ergonomic oval tube encourages pedestrians to hold onto the railing for safer walking along walkways and climbing up and down stairs.