The Two Primary FRP Grating Manufacturing Processes
As a leading fiberglass grating supplier, Marco Specialty Steel offers top-quality FRP grating products featuring the two primary manufacturing processes: open molding and pultrusion.
Molded fiberglass grating is the older of the two processes. This type of FRP grating is available in square and rectangular grid patterns and provides equal strength in both directions.
Our molded grating product offerings include:
- Phenolic (Type P): The best choice for applications requiring maximum fire resistance and low smoke emissions such as oil refineries, ships and train decks.
- Vinyl Ester (Type V): Developed to withstand the harsh chemical environments found in chemical, waste treatment and metal plating plants.
- Isophthalic Polyester (Type 1): A good choice for environments where chemical splashes and spills are a common occurrence.
- Food Grade Isophthalic Polyester (Type F): Ideally suited for food and beverage industry environments that are exposed to harsh cleaning chemicals.
- General Purpose Ortho Polyester (Type O): Cost-effective alternative to vinyl ester and isophthalic polyester products.
Pultrusion is continuous molding process that makes use of glass or fiber reinforcement formed in a polyester or vinyl ester resin matrix. Produced by assembling fiberglass cross and bearing bars into a grid pattern. Marco offers pultruded grating in two standard resin systems that comply with Class 1 Flame Spread Rating in accordance with ASTM E-84 test standards. You can choose pultrusion molding in either a T-Bar or I-Bar profile. Read more…
We Specialize in FRP Grating
We feature a wide assortment of fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) grating products. FRP is a precise combination of thermosetting plastic resins and glass fiber that offers the corrosion resistance and other desirable properties listed above. FRP grating is frequently used in the manufacturing of a large assortment of products including stair treads, platforms, covered gratings, trench covers and drain covers.
We Offer Custom FRP Products
A key reason why so many companies in industries such as refining, drilling and food and beverage choose Marco Specialty Steel as their FRP grating distributor is our ability to provide custom fiberglass products. We have our own fully equipped in-house fabrication shop where we can customize any of our stock products to your specifications. We can produce everything from skewed or curved cutouts to special shapes with speed and efficiency. We can even work with your own drawings and blueprints to create the custom fiberglass products that meet your unique requirements.