Where Can You Use Aluminum Bar Grating?
Aluminum bar grating is an excellent choice for use as walkways, platforms and wherever else nonslip, corrosion-resistant surfaces are needed in high-moisture environments such as:
- Wastewater and sewage treatment plants
- Petroleum refineries
- Pumping and compressor plants
- Chemical processing plants
- Breweries/bottling facilities
- Food preparation/processing plants
- Storage facilities
Our aluminum bar grating does not produce sparks, which means it can also be safely used in munitions plants and other potentially volatile manufacturing operations where fire and explosion pose a constant threat.
Aluminum Bar Grating Load Charts:
|I-Bar Swage Locked||19-SI-4|
|I-Bar Swage Locked Close-Mesh||8-SI-4||(1/2")|
|Rectangular Bar Swage-Locked & Press Locked||19-SR-4,19-AP-4|
|Press-Locked Close Mesh||13-AP-4||(13/16")|
|Rectangular Bar Swage-Locked Close Mesh &|
Press-Locked Close Mesh
Our Aluminum Bar Grating Options
You can choose from various types of aluminum bar grating including:
- Swaged-Locked I-Bar Grating: This type of aluminum swaged-bar grating is extremely popular due to its superior strength, lighter weight and low cost. It utilizes a time-test swaging process that locks the I-bars to the cross rods that are positioned at 2” to 4” intervals.
- Swaged-Locked Rectangular Bar Grating: This swage-locked bar grating technique closely resembles the I-bar process. The key difference is that rectangular-shaped bars are used instead of I-bars.
- Press-Locked Rectangular Bar Grating: This type of aluminum bar grating makes use of intense hydraulic pressure to fuse together two close-tolerance slotted bars. The pressure forces the deep cross bar into the bearing bar to achieve a permanent lock.
Rectangular-shaped aluminum bar grating, whether swaged or press-locked, offers the most effective long-term solution when maximum lateral stiffness is essential. You can also choose a rectangular grating with a serrated surface to improve traction and prevent slipping on walkways.
We Can Also Handle Custom Aluminum Bar Grating Projects
A key reason why Marco Specialty Steel has become one of the leading aluminum bar grating distributors is our willingness to work with our customers to provide the right product for their needs. We have our own in-house fabrication shop where we can customize any of our stock aluminum bar grating products to your specifications. You’re always welcome to submit your own drawings and blueprints to our capable design team and we will create print takeoffs for your project.
Serving the Metals Industry Since 1992
Marco Specialty Steel has extensive experience in offering the best products at competitive prices for customers in industries such as refining, power generation, offshore drilling, aerospace and wind power. We provide the fastest project turnaround times in our industry, along with attentive, detail-oriented customer service.