Why Architectural Metal Screening?
Architectural metal screening offers a number of advantages when installed in a parking garage:
- Privacy: Architectural mesh facades keep visitors safe from prying eyes, without the feeling of being walled off.
- Shade: Architectural metal mesh systems are highly effective at blocking out the sun while still allowing air to circulate freely.
- Safety: High strength architectural bar grating gives guests the peace of mind of knowing the property is protected against unwanted visitors.
- Noise reduction: Perforated metal and wire mesh facade panels offer some degree of sound attenuation, creating a more comfortable environment for guests.
Material Options and Gauges
In addition to the above benefits, architectural mesh screening is highly versatile. Marco Specialty Steel fabricates parking garage security screens from several different metal types, all of which offer specific benefits for different applications:
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel is a popular choice for architectural applications due to its high strength and corrosion resistance. 304 stainless steel, the most commonly used grade, is made from 18-20 percent chromium, 8-10.5 percent nickel and no more than 0.08 percent carbon.
- Nickel alloy: Nickel alloy is strong and tough, making it a good choice for perforated and extruded metal, wire cloth and grating. Grades of nickel alloy we work with include C-276 (15.5 percent Cr, 57 percent Ni, 0.02 percent C), Incoloy 800 (21 percent Cr, 32.5 percent Ni, 0.10 percent C) and others.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is lightweight and offers excellent corrosion resistance. 6061 is the most common alloy for architectural use, particularly the T6 temper, which has a tensile strength of at least 290 MPa (42,000 psi) and yield strength of at least 240 MPa (35,000 psi).
Any of the above metals may be used to form wire mesh, bar grating, and extruded or perforated metal architectural facades.
Finishing and Forming Options
Marco Specialty Steel has extensive finishing capabilities that help bring your creative vision to life. Any of our metal security screens or facade panels can be powder coated in the color of your choice, or polished to a mirror finish. We offer custom fabrications to modify any panel as necessary — our team is equipped to perform welding, shearing, plasma cutting and a number of other processes.
Working With Marco
Based in Houston, Marco Specialty Steel will quickly turn around fabrication projects of any complexity. Contact our office and request a quote for a custom fabricated architectural metal mesh system or related product.