Marco Specialty Steel can fabricate a custom perforated metal railing system or infill panel to your specifications. We will either work from an existing blueprint or consult with you to create an original design based on your needs. Keep reading to learn more about your options, or contact our office to get started today.
Benefits of Perforated Metal Infill Panels
Perforated metal infill panel systems add a unique look to any building while meeting safety and building code requirements. Use them to deaden sound and ensure privacy, while promoting airflow and a sense of openness. All of our products can be painted or powder-coated for specific branding or design needs, and cut to size to simplify the installation process.
Pattern and Material Options
Perforated metal panels are found in a variety of sizes and configurations. Options for customizing a perforated metal infill panel include:
- Metal type and thickness: Stainless steel is an economical choice for any outdoor infill panel. Several grades and thicknesses are available. Alternately, we also offer our products in carbon steel, aluminum, copper and a variety of other metals.
- Opening shape: Our metal infill panels can be perforated in circles, squares, slots or ornamental/decorative patterns. We carry a large inventory of shapes that can be fabricated into infill panels. Or your project can be punched to order — whether your primary concern is looks, safety or airflow, at Marco Specialty Steel you have the freedom to design the ideal infill panel for any application.
- Opening size: It’s generally recommended that perforation diameters on an infill panel should not be less than the thickness of the material. With stainless steel and other higher-strength materials, metal thickness should be at least three gauges less than the hole diameter.
- Opening pattern: Round and square perforations can be arranged in a straight-line pattern, or staggered at a 90˚ or 45˚ angle. Slotted openings can be arranged vertically or horizontally along the length of the sheet.
- Margin size: Perforated metal infill panels are generally cut with minimal left and right margins, and no or minimal margins on the top or bottom.
Looking for a particular perforated pattern with certain open area? Marco has provided a vast amount of perforated metal spec sheets in the resource section, check it out.
Explore your options in depth with a Marco Specialty Steel representative. Call our Houston office or use our online form to get in touch with a representative today.