The aluminide alloys formed at the surface contain 20% minimum aluminum. Typical case depths:
- Carbon and alloy steel = 5-20 mils
- Stainless and nickel base alloys = 2-10 mills
Corrosion Protection Properties of Aluminizing
- Sulfidation Resistance – steel protection from H2S, SO2 SO3 attack
- Oxidation Resistance – stable aluminum oxide film formed
- Carburization Resistance – prevents carbon diffusion into base metal
- Hydrogen Permeation – diffusion rates of H2 into steel reduced
- Welding of aluminized surfaces can be done using special procedures
Corrosion Protection Applications for Aluminizing
- Refinery Hydrocrackers and Hydrodesulphurizer Units – Stainless catalyst reactor screen, wire cloth and baskets to reduce scaling from sulfidation.
- Sulfur and Sulfuric Acid Plants – Catalyst trays, nickel alloy burner assemblies for resistance to hot H2S, SO2 and SO3 corrosion.
- Gas Plants Using Claus Technology – Reactor and support grating and tubing for H2S, SO2 and O2 resistance.
Corrosion Rate Chart
Approved supplier to:
- And many more!
Contact one of our sales representatives today to inquire about a quote from Marco Specialty Steel, Inc.