2016 Star of Hope Donation Drive
Donation Drive for Star of Hope
Collecting items through Monday, December 12th
Marco Specialty Steel, Inc. has donated to Star of Hope since 2006. Last year, we thought we’d take a different approach by having a Donation Drive. This year has been a difficult year for everyone, not just at Marco. Let’s lift our spirits with kindness and generosity to others in need. Please consider donating items through Monday, December 12, 2016. We will deliver the donated items to their location that week.
- Deodorant for men and women
- Diapers – Sizes 5 & 6
- Bath towels
- Disposable Pull-ups – Sizes 4 & 5
- Baby Powder
- Baby Wipes
- Shaving Cream
- Travel Size Soap & Shampoo
- Bottled Water
- New Underwear for men, women and children
- Socks (for children)
- Women’s Clothing – Size 22 & up.
- Appropriate for job interviews
- Toilet Paper
- Strollers (no umbrella strollers please)
- Flash Lights and Batteries
Gift Cards for Christmas
- Toys R US
- Gas cards
- Grocery stores (Kroger, Fiesta, HEB, etc.)
Give the Gift of Food
So many of the men, women and children who come to Star of Hope do not know from where their next meal will come. Every $2.08 you share will help us set a place for another hungry person this Christmas.
- Seven days of meals $44.00
- One month of meals $194.00
- One year of meals $2,278.00
Give the Gift of SHELTER & CARE
To those living on the streets, a safe place to sleep, a hot meal and a refreshing shower can be priceless. For $54.00, you can provide a man, woman or child in our emergency shelter or long-term programs a full day of comprehensive care. That includes meals, clothing, education and counseling.
- One day of shelter & comprehensive care $54.00
- One week of shelter & comprehensive care $379.00
- One month of shelter & comprehensive care $1,679.00
Give the gift of SPIRITUAL CARE
Your support helps Star of hope provide Bibles, chapel services, Bible studies, 12-step resources and spiritual retreats that transform men and women so they can begin living the life God has planned for them.
- For spiritual care for the soul $25.00
- For spiritual care for the soul $75.00
- For spiritual care for the soul $300.00
Give the Gift of Education
Your gift of education will help families break free from the cycle of poverty. By providing educational supplies and tutoring, you help our residents earn GEDs and learn job skills that allow them to build a better future for themselves and their families.
- Educational supplies $60.00
- Help provide tutoring $80.00
- Help someone get a GED $130.00
Give the Gift of Children’s Critical Care
As many as 349 children take refuge at Star of Hope with their families each day. For $42.00, you can meet a child’s critical physical and emotional needs for a full day — food, shelter, licensed daycare, counseling, immunizations and more . . . all in an atmosphere of safety and love.
- One day of care $42.00
- One week of care $300.00
- One month of care $1,300.00